Wednesday 4 March 2009

Two more tattoos in the calendar

Yesterday I bought the guys at the hospice a football and today 6 of us went out for a bit of a lark in the yard where the animals are kept. Since most of them are physically disabled we decided that footie was out so we tried our hand at a form of volleyball. Neither of which sports are going to get us any recognition (myself included) by the sporting press and I include myself in that honourable discipline. Nonetheless, they enjoyed themselves and although I don't know how they do it, they managed to run about bare-footed on the stones! It was sore for me with sandals on (European wimp!).

Anyway it was a good day and although I was "cream crackered" at the end of it, I did enjoy being with them! Whenever I go in to their area in the morning at circa 7.25 a.m. they're all up and dressed with their beds stripped and ready for the wash, and the smile on their faces when I speak to them or address them as "Brigadier" gives you get a feeling of being wanted which is kind of soft I know, but really heart-warming.

Chinese for lunch at the base with two kinds of meat (chicken and lamb/goat), it says lamb on the board but I haven't seen too many sheep so I guess these may have had an identity crisis being called lambs when in fact they were goats!

I've got an address for a genuine tattoo parlour and went this afternoon to get another one maybe two depending on price. I fixed up a deal that I'm prepared to pay and the appointment is at 2.30 tomorrow afternoon! All that remains for today is to get another cut-throat shave (much against local advice but hey hoh when did I ever listen?), this time with a head massage thrown in for good measure. Such simple pleasures are indeed my lot in the absence of more constructive plans.

Namaste

No comments:

Post a Comment